To ensure the health of our staff and people who visit our shop, we have used the professional services of a Health & Safety company – Hands Consultancy.
Working with their COVID-19 professional, we have ensured the government advice has been reviewed and implemented into our Health & Safety Management System.
1. We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment
- in line with the HSE guidance
- consulting with our staff
- sharing the results of the risk assessment with our staff
- Reduce visitors to 4 people so we can maintain 2 meter social distancing.
- We will ask clients to carry out research prior to the visit – what style dress are you looking for, what is the budget?
- Our staff will discuss requirements before the appointment, to reduce the number of dresses to be tried on and to ensure we strictly keep to the 2 hour appointment, so there is no overlap with the next appointment.
- There will be signage to remind clients and staff of the 2 meter rule.
- Customers will be asked to arrive on time, not before to avoid queuing.
- Customers will be asked to take their temperature with an infrared forehead thermometer and to sanitise hands on entering the shop.
- Face covering will be worn at all times unless exempt
- young children under the age of 11
- not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
- if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
- providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
- to drink, but only if you need to to take medication
- Customers won’t be offered beverages/refreshments unfortunately
- Toilets will be available for staff only sorry
- Increase cleaning – cleaning of the store will be undertaken before each appointment
- Dresses will be steam cleaned
2. Develop cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures
We have increased the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning by:
- encouraging our staff to follow the guidance on hand washing and hygiene
- providing hand sanitiser around the shop
- frequently cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that are touched regularly
- setting clear use and cleaning guidance for toilets – unfortunately the toilet facilities will only be available for Bridal Box staff
3. Maintain 2m social distancing, where possible
We will maintain 2m between people by:
- putting up signs to remind staff and visitors of social distancing guidance
- one appointment at any one time and a maximum of 4 people visiting the shop (people can use zoom or other apps to share with friends and family the experience)
- ask brides to dress themselves where possible
4. Where people cannot be 2m apart, manage transmission risk
Where it’s not possible for people to be 2m apart we will:
- consider whether an activity needs to take place
- keep the activity time as short as possible
- reframe from face to face talking as much as possible
We will ensure your experience is the very best it can be and we will do our utmost to help you find your perfect dress or suit.
Bridal Box Ltd